Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Gossip

Jim Iyke: I Will Portray Nairobi Crime Lord Well!

John Kiriamiti's My Life In Crime, arguably Kenya's most popular and memorable crime novel, will be adapted into a movie, with the production starting in September.

The lead role of Jack Zolo has been bagged by Nigerian bad boy, Jim Iyke. The choice of casting according to the movie producer, Niel Schell, is to "get marketable people to act in the movie. This makes it easy to sell it to the wider African market and beyond."

He added, "I met Jim Iyke in Uganda at a film festival and I told him about a script I have that is interesting, and within hours of getting the script, he called me back and said he loved Jack Zolo. Jim will get the movie out to as many people as possible and the Kenyan actors will get wider recognition."

Iyke, who is currently shooting his reality show titled Jim Iyke Unscripted, said at the briefing in Nairobi, "I was in Uganda to do some pro bono work. Everybody knew who I was except for Niel. When he gave me the script I was excited about the role. He asked me to audition and put it on tape and send it but I flew myself in and auditioned for the role."

The Nigerian actor defended his capacity to bring out the lead character. "I'm ready to give every stretch and attention needed to play the role. I can assure you that I'm fully aware of what I have to do." He continued, "For preparation I will jet into Nairobi a month before shooting to fully immerse myself into the role. I will spend time with friends I have met in Kibera and also spend time with John Kiriamiti. I will totally spread myself."

The movie will be an adaptation of all three best-selling novels by Kiriamiti: My Life In Crime, My Life With A Criminal and My Life In Prison. Iyke will be joined by a star-studded Kenyan cast of Ainea Ojiambo, Janet Kirina, Abubakar Mwenda, Melvin Alusa, Jeff Koinange, Lenana Kariba and Eddy Kimani. It will be produced by Kirina Productions and Cthrough Productions.
Jim Iyke: I Will Portray Nairobi Crime Lord Well! Reviewed by Kratos Olympian on 20:58 Rating: 5

No comments:

Comment Policy
We’re eager to see your comment. However, Please Keep in mind that all comments are moderated manually by our human reviewers according to our comment policy, and all the links are nofollow. Using Keywords in the name field area is forbidden. Let’s enjoy a personal and evocative conversation.

All Rights Reserved by Naija Sniffer: News Gossip Monger © 2013 - 2016
Powered By Blogger, Owner Johnnygan

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.