Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Gossip

"Let me have Messi" - Zabaleta

Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta is relishing the thought of playing against Argentine team-mate Lionel Messi in the UEFA Champions League.

City drew Barcelona in the last 16 of the Champions League allowing Zabaleta and compatriots Sergio Aguero and Martin Demichelis to face Messi for a place in the quarter-finals of Europe's elite competition in the New Year.

The 28-year-old told the City's official website: "I played against Lionel for Espanyol against Barcelona and I recall in my second season at City when we played in the Nou Camp in the Joan Gamper Trophy against Barcelona and we won 1-0 with a goal from Martin Petrov so I think we're about level at the moment!

"When we were in Barcelona we were very close friends because we were living in the same city and we had known each other for a number of years.

"I was just starting out at Espanyol and Lionel was at Barca and when I signed for City, I think two days later the news broke that Sheikh Mansour had bought the club and Lionel always recalls that I joined at such a fantastic time.

"He asked me a lot about City but I didn't know that much because I didn't know that much myself but it's something we often talk about plus the fact I'm still here!"

Zabaleta says winning the Champions League will be difficult but City will be doing their best to try and win the competition.
 
"Let me have Messi" - Zabaleta Reviewed by Naija Sniffer Admin on 17:04 Rating: 5

No comments:

Comment Policy
We’re eager to see your comment. However, Please Keep in mind that all comments are moderated manually by our human reviewers according to our comment policy, and all the links are nofollow. Using Keywords in the name field area is forbidden. Let’s enjoy a personal and evocative conversation.

All Rights Reserved by Naija Sniffer: News Gossip Monger © 2013 - 2016
Powered By Blogger, Owner Johnnygan

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.