Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Gossip

Ozil breaks silence on Arsenal transfer: I want to help win titles

Former Real Madrid playmaking star Mesut Ozil speaks out on his discussions with Arsene Wenger and his excitement at competing in the Premier League.

Ahead of official confirmation from either club, former Real Madrid attacker Mesut Ozil has spoken of his memories at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, his ambitions at new club Arsenal and how Arsene Wenger's faith in him as a professional helped convince him to sign the contract that will see him ply his trade at the Emirates Stadium for the foreseeable future.

'I proudly look back at three wonderful years at Real Madrid,' said the 24-year-old in a statement read by Sky Sports News. 'I developed myself further, not only sportsmanlike but humanly,' Ozil, a £42.5m rated player and Arsenal's record signing, added.

While the coveted Decima eluded Real during Ozil's stint in Madrid, he still helped orchestrate a lot of success that included a La Liga title, a Copa del Rey and a Supercopa de Espana.

'We gained three titles and I was a starter but now I am looking forward to my future in the Premier League at Arsenal.'

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger had been linked with a move for a number of Real Madrid players, including Karim Benzema and Angel di Maria, however, with the late expectancy over an Ozil transfer, rumours snowballed from the continent that suggested the player was being transferred against his will.

After speaking with Wenger, though, Ozil claimed that he found something he did not have at Real: 'While talking with Wenger I immediately felt what I have missed at last. This is 100% faith in me that I will pay back to the club and fans in every single match.

'Now I want to help the club finally win titles again,' he vowed.
Ozil breaks silence on Arsenal transfer: I want to help win titles Reviewed by Kratos Olympian on 22:47 Rating: 5

No comments:

Comment Policy
We’re eager to see your comment. However, Please Keep in mind that all comments are moderated manually by our human reviewers according to our comment policy, and all the links are nofollow. Using Keywords in the name field area is forbidden. Let’s enjoy a personal and evocative conversation.

All Rights Reserved by Naija Sniffer: News Gossip Monger © 2013 - 2016
Powered By Blogger, Owner Johnnygan

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.